2.55PM: BORDER and North East residents have been told to expect damaging winds, with lightning expected on the way soon.
The Bureau of Meteorology issued a sever weather warning for the Alpine areas of the North East and most of the Riverina, including Albury.
Forecasters say the damaging winds with gusts up to 100km/h can be expected over the next several hours.
A small storm cell caused isolated damage on the Border yesterday. Click here for photos and details.
The SES has advised affected to:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Unplug computers and appliances.
* Avoid using the phone during the storm.
* Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500