1.55PM: A GAS main was severed as workers built decking at a West Albury home this morning.
Albury Civic Fire Station Captain John Vandeven said they were called to Southern View Drive in West Albury at 9am this morning after the gas main, which supplies gas to homes in the neighbourhood, was severed and gas was leaking.
Mr Vandeven said fire protection measures were put in place and residents of the home were told to stand clear as they and a gas company worked to repair the main.
It was deemed safe at 9.45am.
Mr Vandeven said if residents come across a gas leak to call 000 and take precautions around the home.
"Make sure they close all windows and doors to stop the gas coming into their premises and don't use anything that can cause a spark in the area," he said.