NEW Lake Hume Tourist Park managers Danny and Terri Trim have struck trouble just six weeks after taking over.
Fire destroyed their toilet block on Monday, just as they finished retiling and upgrading the toilets and showers.
Yet the couple, who moved to the Border from Halls Gap, still count themselves lucky.
“It could’ve been a lot worse,” Ms Trim said.
“No one was injured, no one hurt. Everything can be replaced,” Mr Trim added.
With insurers yet to assess the damage, the couple are unsure how big the bill will be.
The fire wrecked the men’s toilets and showers and destroyed tools, new mattresses, linen and other equipment in sheds in the block.
The Trims were told an electrical fault could have been the cause.
The fire was not suspicious.
The Trims have brought in portable toilets and showers to keep their 20 guests happy.
They plan to reopen the old amenities block while builders move in and rebuild the new block.
Ms Trim said the fire had brought out the good side of those staying at the park.
She said her husband, who doused most of the fire before firefighters arrived, was helped by many guests.
“It’s like a little community here.”