10.46AM: A HOUSE appears gutted after an 'intense' fire in Lavington this morning.
Firefighters have used gas masks to battle the blaze at a Highview Crescent home.
No one was in the house and there are no injuries.
A large part of the house's roof has collapsed and although it is too early to properly assess damage, the home appears mostly destroyed.
It is unclear how the fire started.
Firefighters said the fire was "intense" when they arrived at the scene about 9.30am.
Neighbours say they could smell smoke up to 90 minutes before the alarm was raised.
"I woke up at about 8am and could smell smoke," neighbour Maddison Heath said. She had a shower and was later warned by emergency services to evacuate her home for fear of smoke inhalation.