Click or flick across for more photos.
A BEECHWORTH woman’s car caught on fire as she was driving last night.
Julie Wilson was driving the late-model Holden Statesman when the battery light came on and she smelt exhaust fumes.
So she drove to her mechanic’s house in Menzies Street.
She found it was on fire so she rang the fire brigade as her mechanic hosed under the car.
The brigade arrived just after 6pm.
A spokesman said the mechanic had done the right thing by not popping the bonnet — allowing oxygen to fuel any fire.
He said anyone with this issue should pull over, avoiding long grass.
Drivers should also carry an extinguisher.