A GREASY bite to eat can seem like a great idea when you get home in the wee hours of the morning, but a Lavington woman’s boozy fried feed turned fiery when her kitchen caught alight on Saturday.
Police said the young woman returned to her Kaitlers Road home just after 3am on Saturday after “drinking heavily” and decided to cook some eggs.
Part of the kitchen caught fire and firefighters were called.
The fire wasn’t the only heat in the kitchen.
Firefighters were forced to call police after the woman became embroiled in an argument with a man, who was also home at the time, about the fire.
No charges are expected to be laid and minimal damage was caused to the home.