ALBURY’S CML Building on the corner of Dean and Olive streets has changed hands in a multimillion-dollar deal.
The building with the trademark four clocks has been owned by Wagga interests since the 1970s.
But in a recent deal, the CML Building was sold to local interests, adding to their property portfolio in central Albury.
Colonial Mutual Life Assurance Society built the five-storey tower with shops and flats to the designs of architect Nahum Barnet in 1925.
CML had offices in the building until it became part of the Commonwealth Bank in 2000.
Coronet Jewellers occupy the ground-level corner of the CML Building which was one of the tallest in Albury until the completion of the Australian Taxation Office headquarters last year.
The deal follows recent sales of central Albury buildings which have attracted multimillion-dollar price tags including the Quest Apartments in Kiewa Street and the tax office building in Smollett Street.
Attempts by The Border Mail to contact the new owners were unsuccessful.