A HEAT lamp sparked a fire that destroyed a bedroom and bathroom at a Lavington house on Saturday.
Albury senior firefighter Paul Bladwell said the vigilance of the woman who lived at the Owen Court house meant it could be saved.
The woman smelled smoke and alerted a neighbour, who discovered a fire burning in the roof and called the fire brigade, about 7.40am.
“If you smell smoke it’s worth checking out because it could be up in the roof,” he said. “Don’t be shy in calling for help.”
Two trucks attended the fire, which took about 15 minutes to put out.
No one was injured.