Wodonga hospital staff prevent fire

WODONGA hospital staff averted a large blaze after extinguishing a bush that was on fire in the hospital grounds this afternoon.

The fire was believed to be sparked by a discarded cigarette butt.

Wodonga station office Andrew Schulz said a fire tanker arrived as a precaution but hospital staff extinguished the fire.

“We ask people discard of their cigarettes in a proper manner, especially on days of extreme weather,” he said.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop