SPECIAL bus services from Albury and Wodonga will operate for Sunday’s A-League soccer clash between Melbourne Heart and Perth Glory.
Dysons will charge $10 for return and one-way tickets for supporters wanting to avoid the hassle of taking their cars to the match at Lavington Oval, which is due to kick-off at 3pm.
The bus company’s Albury-Wodonga manager, Brett Drinnan, said his firm had operated a similar service for Ovens and Murray football league grand finals in 2011 and 2012 and he hoped the A-League runs would be better supported.
“We didn’t have the shuttles for last year’s grand final because they ended up driving around empty, but this is an A-League game and it needs to be supported by the locals,” Mr Drinnan said.
He added there was no council underwriting.
“If we take a hit we take a hit, but we want to make it as good as possible and hopefully it will lead to more A-League matches,” Mr Drinnan said.
Tickets can be bought on the buses on the day.
A-LEAGUE BUS TIMETABLE FOR SUNDAY
- The Blazing Stump: 12.15pm/12.45pm/1.15pm/1.45pm
- Water Tower: 12.25pm/12.55pm/1.25pm/ 1.55pm
- Birallee Sports Centre: 12.35pm/1.05pm/1.35pm/2.05pm
- Railway station: 12.30pm/1.00pm/1.30pm/2.00pm
- QEII Square: 12.35pm/1.05pm/1.35pm/2.05pm
- Astor Hotel: 12.40pm/1.10pm/1.40pm/2.10pm
- Urana Road opposite Coles: 12.50pm/1.20pm/1.50pm/2.20pm
Return bus services to same locations will leave Lavington at 5pm and 5.15pm.