A TRIAL involving a Wodonga woman accused of using a knife in the attempted robbery of a purse has been abandoned.
The jury in the case of Gemma Narelle Milham was discharged on Monday without a verdict.
The case will return to sittings of the County Court in Wodonga that begin on April 29.
Milham’s trial before Judge Roy Punshon in Wodonga started last Thursday, when she pleaded not guilty to an amended charge of attempted armed robbery, but guilty to assault.
The trial had been expected to be completed on Monday or Tuesday before the jury was to retire.
Milham’s alleged victim, Rachel McDonald, told the jury she was “very scared” when Milham turned up at her house after earlier falsely accusing her of sleeping with her partner.
Crown prosecutor Tom Lynch had said it was alleged Milham then pulled out a knife from her bra and pushed Ms McDonald against a wall, then reached into her handbag and took out a $10 note, pension card and mobile phone, shouting: “I’m going to f---ing take your purse.”
Ms McDonald said she retrieved the cash, card and phone as the pair struggled.
Defence barrister Alan Marshall had argued Ms McDonald made up the story about Milham having a knife.