Chemical recovered

A DANGEROUS poison, which police feared might result in a death if it fell into the wrong hands, was last night recovered after it was stolen from a vehicle in Wodonga on Sunday night.

North East Superintendent Paul O’Halloran said it was lucky the chemical had been recovered safely.

“It’s a chemical that, if ingested, could prove to be fatal,” he said.

“Wodonga investigators located the chemical in the Wodonga area.

“There has been no harm to the police or public, so it’s a great outcome.”

Supt O’Halloran said there had been no arrests or charges in relation to the matter, but police inquiries were continuing.

The liquid chemical had been left in an unmarked container inside a lock box as part of a testing kit.

It was among several items stolen from a vehicle outside a unit in Swift Court on Sunday night.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop