Man on assault charges

A WANGARATTA man faces assault charges after a violent incident that put a man in hospital.

Police say the accused, 40, assaulted a man at his Wangaratta home at 4am yesterday and took his wallet and some cash.

Sen-Constable Chris Hume-Cook said the victim had “a pretty nasty gash at the front of his head”.

“The victim had to go to hospital for treatment,” he said.

“Police are investigating whether weapons were involved.”

The accused was charged with recklessly causing serious injury, intentionally cause injury and theft before being bailed.

He will appear before the court again on September 8.

Sen-Constable Hume-Cook said the victim, aged in his 40s, had been released from hospital.

He did not say what had led to the argument between the men.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop