FOUR pub residents had to be evacuated when a fire broke at a Wodonga hotel late last night.
The fire, which occurred in a first storey laundry of O'Mailles pub, was reported just before 11.30pm.
Wodonga fire brigade operations officer Adrian Gutsche said the drama was sparked by a tumble dryer but a quick response by crews ensured it was limited to the laundry.
About 25 firefighters spread over five trucks from Wodonga, Wodonga West and Albury were called in and part of High Street outside the hotel was closed.
The Albury brigade's aerial unit, which has a ladder capable of reaching 16m into the air, was used to remove roofing and check on the spread of the fire.