“Every year everyone says it wasn’t as wild as the previous year,” Fairfax photographer Rohan Thomson said after covering this year’s show through the clouds of burning rubber. “But I think it’s stayed pretty consistent. If you go to the right spots, there’s still the same wild things going on.”
There is a stretch of road dubbed “Tuff Street”. The infamous 100 metres-or-so is lined with concrete barriers and hundreds of intoxicated men who are there to see burnouts. View the gallery:
We have 3 x Double Passes to give away to Summernats 2018. To enter, place your name as a comment in the Summernats Facebook post pinned on the Border Mail (@bordermail) Facebook page.
The Border Mail Summernats 2018 Competition – Terms and Conditions
1. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winners.
2. Entry is open to Vic & NSW residents over the age of 18 years only, excluding employees of The Border Mail, the competition / event employees and their immediate family.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of eligibility. In the event that an entrant cannot provide satisfactory proof, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify the entrant.
4. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
5. The winner will be drawn by random draw on Thursday December 14.
6. Winners will be notified by phone and/or email. Any unclaimed prizes will be placed in a random draw to take place on Friday December 29, 2017 at The Border Mail, 1 McKoy St, Wodonga, 3690 by a representative of The Border Mail.
7. The winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed.
8. The Promoter is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, or interrupted communications, unavailable network servers or other connections, failed telephone, mid-delivery or computer transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, defect, delay, theft or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
9. If this competition is not capable of running or being completed as planned for any reason, including because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, recommence, modify or suspend the competition.
10. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way in connection with the competition.
11. The Promoter may amend these terms and conditions from time to time at its discretion.
12. Permit number is not required for this promotion in Victoria. NSW Permit Number: LTPM/17/01921