ICE is methamphetamine and is part of the amphetamine family of drugs, which also includes speed.
Ice is the most pure form and is known by a variety of other names including crystal meth, meth, shabu, batu, d-meth, tina and glass.
The signs and symptoms of using ice can include:
- Increased heart and breathing rate
- Trembling hands and fingers
- High blood pressure
- Overheating and excessive sweating
- Stomach cramps
- Blurred vision
- Bad headaches
- Difficulty sleeping
- Reduced appetite
- Irritability and hostility
- Panic attacks
- Out of control aggression
- Itching, picking or scratching skin.
The consequences of using ice may include:
- Increased risk of stroke
- High risk of dependence (addiction)
- Chronic sleep problems
- Memory loss
- Blood-borne infections (like hepatitis C and HIV) through needle-sharing
- Heart an lung problems
- Increased risk of kidney problems
- Loss of ability to make decisions.
For more information visit http://www.drugs.health.gov.au/