Choosing whether or not to go to university is a big decision. You don’t have to go – uni isn’t the only way into a career – but here are five great reasons you should think about doing a degree.
1. More career choices: Many employers today want their staff to have a degree. Although studying a relevant subject is important, this isn’t always the case. Simply having a degree can open more doors for you.
2. More money in your pocket: Graduates (people with a degree) can earn a significantly higher amount of money more during their lifetime than non-graduates. Just don’t forget to pay back your student loan...
3. More thinking time: Going to uni gives you the chance to explore your chosen subject in detail, to learn more about yourself, and to discover what you really want to do with your life.
4. More freedom: Being at uni helps you become much more independent. It’s up to you to manage your own study, health, fitness, finances and relationships.
It allows you to strike out on your own and to build confidence in your own ideas. You get the freedom to become you.
5. More friends and opportunities: You’ll meet people from completely different backgrounds, from all over the world. You’ll also get the chance to try new hobbies and sports, like drama or rugby.
University also helps you to build a professional network of academics and industry leaders who will connect you to exciting career prospects.