More than $26,000 will help Greater Hume home owners affected by loose-fill asbestos insulation through a second round of funding confirmed on Friday.
Minister for Innovation and Better Regulation Matt Kean said the latest money came from the assistance package set up for council residents last year. The first round comprised $88,000.
Thirty-eight Greater Hume homes have tested positive to the dangerous material, all but four in Holbrook.
“We understand that Holbrook has been hit hard by this deadly product, and that’s why we established the community assistance package to support homeowners even more,” Mr Kean said.
A further $114,000 remains available in the package, which helps in areas like reconnection fees, storage costs and travel subsidies for builders and other trades.
- Receive our daily newsletter straight to your inbox each morning from The Border Mail. Sign up here