The Bureau of Meteorology has warned severe thunderstorms are likely in North East Victoria and the Southern Riverina.
In a statement, the Bureau said storms could produce heavy rain and damaging winds in Albury, Yarrawonga, Wodonga, Wangaratta and Corryong.
While areas in the southern Riverina could experience large hailstones.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
- Move your car under cover or away from trees.
- Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
- Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be energised, such as fences.
- Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on your power bill.
- Unplug computers and appliances.
- Avoid using the phone during the storm.
- Stay indoors away from windows, and keep children and pets indoors as well.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Receive our daily newsletter straight to your inbox each morning from The Border Mail. Sign up here