LIVESTOCK producers are being urged to check the water in their dams following the recent deaths of a dozen cattle.
The cattle died from blue green algae toxicity after drinking from an isolated dam in the Upper Murray.
IN OTHER NEWS:
The cattle drank the water over the past two weeks.
Staff at Murray Local Land Services confirmed the deaths were linked to the algae this week.
Landholders with concerns about livestock health and blue green algae should contact veterinary services on 1300 795 299.
Receive our daily newsletter straight to your inbox each morning from The Border Mail. Sign up here