A Lavington family who watched as fire destroyed their home, possessions and family photos, have thanked the community for their "overwhelming" generosity.
Emma Grentell, Ben Grimmer and son Jaxson Grimmer, 3, were woken by a smoke alarm just after 3.30am last Saturday.
Miss Grentell's daughter, Amelia Sparks, 5, was not at their Dale Crescent rental home at the time.
Within seconds of them leaving the house, Miss Grentell said, their home was fully engulfed.
"Make sure you check your smoke alarms because you never think it's going to happen to you and then in a split second..." she said.
"I was probably out (of the house) for all of 30 seconds before I ran over to the neighbour's house.
"By the time I turned around it was gone, that's how severe and quick it was.
"It's extremely terrifying when you're screaming, watching your house burn and holding your child who's in shock and doesn't know what's going on."
IN OTHER NEWS:
Miss Grentell said not long after she had picked Jaxson up from his bed, the window in the room shattered and the bed caught fire.
She said the family were currently looking for a new rental but the children were still coming to terms with the idea they cannot go home.
Mr Grimmer said the community support they had received since the fire was amazing.
"Within the first day we had more clothes than probably the kids had to start off with, it was a massive help," he said.
On Saturday, the Lavington Lions Club gave the young family $4000 worth of gift cards.
President Malcolm Scott said the club had applied, on behalf of the family, for an emergency grant from the Australian Lions Foundation.
He said Lions clubs donate to the fund each year so grants can be given after disasters and in emergencies.
"They're a young family who have lost everything," he said.
"If we can make their suffering any less and help get them back on road to recovery as soon as possible, that's great."
Miss Grentell said she had been shocked by the amount of people, especially strangers, willing to help.
A gofundme account has raised more than $1380.
Miss Grentell said once they have a new rental they will be looking to buy new cutlery, drink bottles for the children and lots of different odds-and-ends, so it would be best if any donations were in the form of giftcards or through the gofundme.
"It's been amazing, people really come together in these circumstances and we can't thank everyone enough," she said.