An internal fireplace sparked a blaze which destroyed a home near Walbundrie on Saturday night.
The single-storey home could not be saved after embers from the fireplace sparked the fire around 5pm.
The Rural Fire Service and NSW Fire and Rescue were called to the property on Walbundrie Road, three kilometres outside the township, and found the house "well alight".
An RFS spokesman said the home was "unfortunately lost to fire".
"Crews were unable to save the home and were able to get the fire under control by about 7pm," he said.
"By Sunday morning the fire had been put out.
"There were no reported injuries, it appears no one was home at the time.
"And at this stage it appears a fireplace inside the building sparked the fire.
IN OTHER NEWS:
"It is really important to take care with fireplaces inside your home.
"At the height of the fire there were 15 RFS trucks and four NSW Fire and Rescue trucks on site."
NSW Fire and Rescue Superintendent Stewart Alexander said crews from Culcairn and Henty supported the RFS teams.
"We worked along side the Rural Fire Service to extinguish the fire which unfortunately caused major damage to the house," he said.
"Our teams got a call right on 5pm and arrived to find the home well alight."
The fire is a timely reminder for people who have wood heaters inside their homes to "be careful" during the colder months.
Superintendent Alexander said fireplaces can be dangerous if not properly maintained.
"It is important to always have a well maintained chimney and flue with internal fireplaces," he said.
"With fireplaces it is also important to keep the area around the fire clear.
"And of course always have working smoke alarms installed.
"Luckily there were no reported injuries and it is credit to both Fire and Rescue and the Rural Fire Service who were able to get the fire under control within a few hours."