Two-metre high banners will be used to attract people to businesses around El Dorado in an inaugural community event.
The Gold Flag Trail Day on November 30, 10am to 4pm, will showcase 11 small businesses in the rural region, each identified by a flag in front.
Hosted by El Dorado Tourism Business Group, the day will include baked goods, cheese, wine sale tastings, farm gate produce, pottery, refreshments and lunch.
IN OTHER NEWS:
- School's food drive collects 3124 items showing kids can
- Church fair adds art and flower display to usual favourites
- PHOTOS: Attendance down but spirits high trackside at Wangaratta races
- 'Idiot drivers' ignoring Glenroy traffic changes as fence destroyed, again
- Million-dollar heroin find part of 'a far bigger probe'
- Mechanics 'failed' in servicing truck before fatality, court hears
Event co-ordinator Vera Rubega said visitors could also experience El Dorado's natural beauty and history.
"We are a small community and we're trying to highlight the diverse businesses that are here," she said.
"It's a very special place; we've got the landscape and the stories."