St Augustine's Church was empty on Sunday, but Father Junjun Amaya was still able to address his congregation - through his phone.
In line with directives from the Bishops of Victoria, Wodonga Catholic Parish has suspended public liturgical celebrations and masses.
Fr Amaya decided to connect online instead.
"I live-streamed on Friday and Saturday. It was great that people listened in," he said.
"This is what we're doing to avoid ourselves for infection it is open to everyone."
The advice for Catholic churches in the Wagga diocese had not changed as of Sunday morning, said Lavington priest Brendan Lee.
"We're not allowed to have any more than 100 people at mass and if there's an overflow they've got to go outside to hear mass," he said.
"We haven't put on any extra masses yet, that could be a possibility, but at the moment we're able to keep it to 100 in side and overflow outside.
"I don't know what will be in the future at this stage that's the protocol we're following."
Fr Lee said many funeral wakes and baptisms had been altered or cancelled recently.
"I have a funeral on Tuesday ... the family have been telling people not to come and that's not uncommon now," he said.
"People are being very cautious, which is good.
IN OTHER NEWS:
"The future is uncertain and it's changing by the day."
And processes for many institutions, businesses, and groups will only change further.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison, in announcing a $66 billion economic stimulus package that includes the doubling of Newstart and early access to Superannuation, said Australians had to prepare for a six-month disruption.
"State premiers and ministers may have to take far more draconian measures," he said.
"There is no four-week shut down and it all goes away."