Border musicians, dancers and actors have an extra year to practise after an annual competition announced its 2020 cancellation because of the coronavirus crisis.
The Albury Wodonga Eisteddfod will not begin in late July as planned, with those already entered to be contacted and refunds processed as soon as possible.
Committee members said the difficult decision, announced online on Thursday, was made after weighing up all possible options.
"We are committed to the health, safety and well being of all our musicians, dancers, debaters, actors, adjudicators, spectators and volunteers," the committee said.
IN OTHER NEWS:
"The entries were so far down from what they were this time last year, people were really aware of what was going on," vice-president Mary Smith said.
"It's really nice that people who have let us know they won't be entering were making comments like, 'We can't wait until 2021'."