A truck driver swerving to avoid kangaroos escaped injury when his B-double rolled over in Coreen early Saturday morning.
Detective Inspector Jy Brown, of Murray River Police District, said the incident occurred about 12.30am on Federation Way, about five kilometres south of Daysdale-Walbundrie Road.
The Croydon driver, 47, told emergency services he swerved to miss a number of kangaroos in the centre of the road, dropped off the roadway and tried to correct.
"The vehicle has rolled, landing on its side, blocking both the north and southbound lanes of Federation Way," Detective Inspector Brown said.
"The driver was uninjured and tested for alcohol, however the tests were all negative."
Road blocks were put in place while heavy haulage equipment travelled from Wagga to assist, but traffic was light so there was minimal disruption.
"The road was finally unblocked and reopened around 7.30am," the police officer said.
IN OTHER NEWS:
- Bandiana principal humbled and excited to be award finalist
- Black Lives Matter rally exceeds expectations as Wagga pledges support
- Albury-born councillor to contest Eden-Monaro for Nationals
- Doctor says don't delay getting help because of COIVD fears
- Border businesses start afresh with pandemic renovations