Albury High School will still mark this year's centenary even though the intended weekend of celebrations has been postponed.
School principal Darryl Ward said ongoing uncertainty regarding COVID-19 restrictions led the organising committee to delay the original October program of tours and social gatherings.
"We anticipated a lot of people for lunch and we still haven't got a venue that can hold that amount of people open," he said on Monday.
"We had a lot of people travelling, someone travelling from overseas so we had to give them plenty of warning.
"There was a lot of commitment by a lot of people and we didn't want to have to cancel a big event like that at the last moment."
IN OTHER NEWS:
A Centenary Plus One celebration will instead be planned for October 2021.
For this year's 100th anniversary, past principal Keith Crossley's book on Albury High School's history will be launched on Monday, September 7.
Other projects include short video memories by past students, a virtual school tour and the opening of a time capsule buried 20 years ago.
Mr Ward said postponing the weekend of activities had been met with disappointment but understanding from the wider community.
"It's in the best interests of everybody in an unknown world," the principal said.
He thanked the centenary committee members, who had been meeting for more than two years, for all their efforts in planning the occasion.