A TIGER snake being rehabilitated by a wildlife worker has died after succumbing to internal injuries.
The snake suffered cuts to its body when it became stuck in a soft-drink can last week.
It today made international news, featuring on New Zealand website
WIRES volunteer Emma Manwaring said she had suspicions the reptile might not make a full recovery.
“When you get in an animal in care, there’s an 80 per cent change it’s going to die from its injuries,” she said.
The Border Mail
But Ms Manwaring said the group had always planned to release the snake well away from people and houses.
Click play to watch video of the snake's attempted recovery.