AFL North East Border has escaped job cuts in a nation-wide restructure designed to limit the financial effects of the coronavirus pandemic.
Although close to 20 per cent of AFL roles will disappear, AFLNEB general manager John O'Donohue said the region had been fortunate.
"There is no change to the resources we have available to us in this region," O'Donohue said
"Everything stays the same at this stage which is a real positive.
"It's a good outcome for us."
It remains unclear what the cuts will mean for the Murray Bushrangers.
Wagga's AFL Southern NSW office is expected to be impacted by the job losses announced by chief executive Gillon McLachlan.
Staff in the Southern NSW office were still learning their fate on Monday after McLachlan addressed the entire organisation by video in the morning.
The Southern NSW office employs 11 full-time staff with most being stood down since March.
AFL Southern NSW regional Marc Geppert has been working on reduced hours during that time, and was recently joined back at work part-time by football operations coordinator Tom Walker and Griffith-based development officer Che Jenkins.
The changes will also see state offices in Victoria, NSW, Queensland, Tasmania and the Northern Territory integrated into the national organisation, with former North Melbourne coach Brad Scott to head up AFL Victoria.