A Scots School employee is facing charges after a student was allegedly held against his will by seven other pupils and assaulted.
It's alleged basketball coaching director Sam McDonald, 36, was in the presence of the group of students as the 14-year-old was detained at the school between 8.45pm and 9.15pm on August 11.
The boy allegedly suffered actual bodily harm in the incident.
McDonald's matter was briefly mentioned in Albury Local Court this week after he was charged with three offences, including taking and detaining the student to obtain a psychological advantage, leading to actual bodily harm.
Police said the 36-year-old was arrested at Albury Police Station last month.
He was charged on September 13.
The seven students have also been issued future court attendance notices for their roles in the alleged attack.
MORE NEWS FROM COURT:
The five 18-year-old boys and two 17-year-old boys have been charged with similar offences to McDonald.
The students will face court on November 3.
McDonald did not appear in person when his matter was listed in court on Wednesday, with the case adjourned until December 1.
He has not entered a plea on the three charges.
It's alleged McDonald, who lives in East Albury, "recruited" another student to carry out the activity.
A NSW Police spokeswoman said Albury detectives were continuing to investigate the matter.
"Inquiries are continuing and no further information is available at this time," the spokeswoman said.
The school did not provide comment to The Border Mail on Friday.