National Australia Bank will reopen its doors on Thursday after a hoax bomb threat forced it to close hundreds of branches across the country.
The NAB evacuated and shut all of its branches, business banking centres and commercial sites across the country on Wednesday over a "physical security threat".
However, later in the day the bank confirmed it had been a hoax.
"The latest advice from state and federal police is that the threat is not credible and has been deemed a hoax," NAB said in a statement on Wednesday evening.
"As a result, we are pleased to advise that it is now safe to return to all NAB locations from tomorrow morning."
AAP understands it was a bomb threat, although neither NAB, the Australian Federal Police or Queensland Police would confirm.
The lender has more than 600 branches across Australia and acknowledged the disruption had been an inconvenience for customers and staff.
But NAB made no apology for the shutdown.
"Their safety and security is our absolute priority and that is why we took the action we did," it said.
"We did so with the information that we had at the time."
NAB's digital banking services were unaffected by the mass nationwide closure of bricks and mortar sites.
In a statement, the AFP urged the public to contact police if they receive a bomb threat.
All NAB branches across Australia have closed and been evacuated after a physical security threat.
Border NAB branches have put up signs on their windows saying they had temporarily closed until further notice.
NAB released a statement to its customers on Twitter.
IN OTHER NEWS:
"Unfortunately we have had to close our branches temporarily due to a physical security threat," the statement said.
"As always the safety and security of our customers and colleagues is our priority.
"We are working closely with police and will provide an update as soon as we can."
The bank has not determined the location or nature of the threat.