A man will face court next month following the death of an arborist during a workplace incident in East Albury two years ago.
Andrew Dixon died while felling a tree at a property in Centenary Street on January 30, 2019.
A witness said he had been up the tree and was flung to the ground when it broke in an unexpected place.
SafeWork NSW commenced an investigation into the incident.
The long-running investigation recently concluded and led to charges.
IN OTHER NEWS:
A spokesman for the authority confirmed the owner of Wodonga-based Curtis Tree Removals would face the NSW District Court.
"SafeWork NSW has completed its investigation into the January 30, 2019 death of an arborist in East Albury," the spokesman said.
"Proceedings have been commenced in the District Court of NSW against Aaron Piergrosse for breach of work health and safety legislation.
"The matter is listed for mention on March 15, 2021."
The case is listed in Sydney.
Meanwhile the safety authority continues to investigate an unrelated death in Howlong late last year.
The 28-year-old was involved in an incident involving a wood chipper at the Howlong-Balldale Road property and died at the scene.
The woodchipping business at the site is run by Oreco Group.
Charges are yet to be laid as the investigation into the incident continues.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.