The Man From Snowy River Bush Festival will go ahead next month.
Organisers were awaiting final approval from the Victorian Public Health team for the April 8-11 event which finally came through on Thursday.
Approval has been granted under the Public Health Events Framework to host up to 4000 patrons and competitors.
Unfortunately this leaves some hopeful festival-goers without a ticket.
Festival manager Jennifer Boardman said it had been a "very bumpy road".
"But we are still moving forward and are very keen to present a festival that is safe, friendly and entertaining for all," she said.
"With the capped numbers at 4000 it is very unlikely we will be reopening ticket sales.
IN OTHER NEWS:
"Anyone who has purchased camping and still does not have wrist bands needs to contact the festival office ASAP.
"The only gaps we have are a few volunteer positions which we are still looking to fill."
Previously the event has issued 7000 tickets.