THE Chiltern Art Prize will return this winter after it was cancelled last year amid the global pandemic.
Held over the Queen's Birthday long weekend, the prize attracts hundreds of entries.
Chiltern Art Prize 2021 creative director Michelle Fracaro said they had sent the official callout to artists recently.
"We expect that our local artists will be ecstatic to hear that the Prize will go ahead and we will have a good turnout for the prize, which will of course have necessary precautions in place for us to be COVID safe," she said.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Ms Fracaro said they hoped to maintain the momentum set in 2019 with record entries and audience.
"The 2019 Chiltern Art Prize was the biggest yet with 1100 visitors coming through the doors," Ms Fracaro said.
"This included 200 artists exhibiting over 400 works of art and over 400 attendees to the awards night."
Held at Chiltern War Memorial Hall, the prize will open on Friday, June 11, and run throughout the weekend.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.