The league's historic double header has gained more traction after Saturday's success.
The O and M was forced to implement the unique situation for the first time in the league's 128 years due to COVID restrictions.
With the Victorian Government not allowing crowds of more than 150, it wasn't feasible for the Wangaratta-Yarrawonga game to be played at the Norm Minns Oval.
The league took the bold approach of having the pair play in NSW, where no such COVID restrictions apply, after Lavington and Wodonga started the extravaganza at the Lavington Sportsground from midday.
Lavington and Wangaratta, as the other 'home' side, split the gate takings 50-50.
"I think it's been a good concept, we were probably a bit unlucky with the weather earlier today, but we think we've had between 1800-2000 through the gate through the course of the day," O and M general manager Craig Millar said.
"Both clubs (Lavington and Wangaratta) have probably reflected they wouldn't have had that type of crowd if they had played a stand-alone match."
The double header had the perfect start when underdogs Wodonga defeated Lavington by 18 points.
Naturally the Panthers' fans won't agree, but concepts generally work best when there's an upset.
Wangaratta belted Yarrawonga by 63 points in a fiery game.
"I think it's been a pretty good day, the crowd looks alright," Wangaratta co-president Col McClounan suggested.
Lavington has two football grounds, with the No. 2 Oval used for the under 18s.
"I think it's been good, it's been a hectic day, I'm not sure we'd want to do it every week, but we've got four clubs playing at the one venue, which is highly unique," Lavington president Mark Sanson said.
The success immediately sparked talk of a similar concept, with Sanson confirming the club is looking to add another netball court ahead of next year's competition.
"A couple of questions have come through, could we do it earlier in the season? Well, that's when clubs are trying to generate momentum and revenue with home games, so I'm not sure that's the appropriate time," Millar posed.
There were no Melbourne-based players, again due to COVID, with the league firing out a strongly worded document last week.
"Any breach by a player or participant may jeopardise the relevent (COVID) Safe Plan and force the immediate closure of the facility and reporting of the breach to the Authorities of the state when the breach occurred."
IN OTHER NEWS:
The league will host the scheduled round 11 on Saturday, although the venue for Wangaratta-Wodonga Raiders is yet to be confirmed and could be in NSW.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: