An earthquake occurred near Bright on Monday morning.
Geoscience Australia recorded the 2.6 magnitude earthquake with a depth of 13 kilometres at 9.45am on June 14, with two reports received so far of the tremor being felt.
Victorian State Emergency Service posted about the incident on social media.
"Thankfully no reports of any damage or requiring SES assistance at this point," the service said.
Other earthquakes noted by Geoscience Australia in the past day have been centred in the Chagos Archipelago region, Solomon Islands and Guatemala, all magnitude 5.0 or larger.
IN OTHER NEWS:
- New mural in Border laneway rewards both creator and passers-by
- Former mayor joins predecessor as OAM recipient
- Bushfire recovery and environmental education honoured
- Jet pilot, cricket servant, Indigenous leader saluted
- Pottery nous results in gong for community service
- Nurses' endeavours across Albury and Africa get kudos
- Love of Myrtleford, Yarrawonga reflected in retiree's gongs
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: