A decision on lifting restrictions in Victoria will be based on the most up-to-date data, and nothing has yet been finalised, the state's Health Minister Martin Foley has said this morning.
"We will make a decision based on the decision of the public health team," he said.
"As we stand here today nothing has yet been finalised, but we are mindful of the need, as soon as possible ... to share that with the people of Victoria.
"We need to make sure that testing numbers stay high, it really is a very important thing that we can all do even when we show the most mildest of symptoms."
Mr Foley said Victoria was "on the right track" but that health authorities would be waiting on testing results due to arrive in the next 24 hours.
He said no part of the community was less or more important than any other part, when it comes to considering where restrictions might ease tomorrow.
Victoria's COVID commander Jereon Weimar said there were 25,000 tests yesterday.
There are 179 cases in total now in the latest outbreak.
He said there had been no detects at all for the virus around Border communities.
"We have a very intensive rate of (wastewater) sampling there around our border communities along the Murray; we have found no detects at all in the last few weeks and we'll continue to run that program until we have confidence around the wider national picture," he said.
Mr Weimar said there had been "fantastic support" for a three-day test rule for truckies travelling interstate.
All of Victoria's 11 new locally acquired COVID-19 cases reported today were quarantined throughout their infectious period.
The new cases were detected from among 25,404 test results processed on Sunday.
Victoria's Premier Daniel Andrews said on Sunday the state was "well-placed" to end its fifth lockdown as planned this week, though some restrictions are likely to remain for some time.
The statewide lockdown was called on July 15 due to an outbreak of the highly contagious Delta variant, which originated from cases in NSW.
Victoria's lockdown was meant to end after five days, but was extended for a week until 11.59pm on Tuesday.
Mr Andrews on Sunday said he was confident the lockdown wouldn't be extended again, citing the downward trend in the number of people in the community while infectious.
Victoria recorded 11 new locally acquired COVID-19 cases on Sunday, all of which were linked to known outbreaks and were in quarantine for their entire infectious period.
"These numbers are the trend that we wanted to see, these numbers are more than promising, but we just have to wait and see what comes through tomorrow and Tuesday to be certain that we can ease restrictions," Mr Andrews told reporters.
"I will foreshadow, there will still be rules after midnight Tuesday, it'll be important that we all follow them."
Victorian cabinet ministers and the public health team will meet on Monday to discuss the new set of restrictions, but Mr Andrews flagged masks will remain compulsory for some time.
"Masks are going to be a feature from now until we get the maximum number of people through the vaccination program," he said.
There are more than 22,000 people self-isolating across the state after being deemed close contacts of positive cases, while there are more than 380 exposure sites.