Two men accused of the violent abduction of a Wodonga teenager over a drug dispute have returned to court.
A committal for Scott Coates and Lochlan Nixon-May began in Wodonga on Wednesday following the alleged incidents on December 18.
Committals are held to determine if matters will go to trial, but the Wodonga Magistrates Court on Wednesday heard the cases might resolve before trial.
He had allegedly been detained at another house on Warilda Close a short time earlier.
A cache of property worth about $13,000 was allegedly stolen from the boy and his family and loaded into a Holden Commodore worth $8000, which was then stolen.
The court previously heard the dispute had been over $50 worth of marijuana, with Coates angry he wasn't immediately paid by the victim for delivering the drug.
Coates allegedly turned on his co-accused later that day and attacked him on Warwick Road.
Nixon-May then became involved in a violent confrontation with officers as he resisted arrest in an incident caught on video.
Dr Angela Temple, who treated Nixon-May at Albury hospital after his arrest, on Wednesday told the court he had blood oozing from his forehead.
He had multiple lacerations but did not have any broken bones.
He was sedated with ketamine and was unconscious when he arrived in the emergency ward.
The court heard Nixon-May was agitated when he regained consciousness.
"He didn't seem too happy to be awake?" Nixon-May's lawyer Matt Cookson asked Dr Temple.
"No," she replied.
Dr Temple had treated Nixon-May in the Albury intensive care unit before he was released into police custody a day after he arrived.
Notes suggested he had been "combative".
Police charged both men with a string of offences, including detaining a person with intent to gain advantage and unlawful imprisonment.
Other charges include intentionally causing injury.
It's alleged Coates was armed with a machete and that he had amphetamine on him.
Both men appeared in court on video links due to COVID restrictions.
After Dr Temple's evidence, prosecutor Richard Pirrie said the lawyers would be "knee deep in discussions" over the cases.
The committal had been due to run for three days, but the court heard some witnesses were no longer required to give evidence.
The cases will return to court on Thursday.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: