Alert neighbours save unit from overdone pasta

THERE’S pasta which is a little bit beyond the al dente side and then there’s pasta so overdone it has the potential to burn a house down.

Neighbours to a Wodonga unit heard a smoke alarm going off last night and alerted firefighters, averting a disaster for the owner of the home.

Wodonga fire brigade senior station officer Lyndon Bradley said neighbours called emergency services at 7.30pm when they heard the smoke detector beeping.

He said firefighters forced their way into the Bell Court unit after they realised no one was home.

Once inside, they discovered pasta had been left cooking on the stove, causing smoke to emanate through the house.

Mr Bradley said it was a reminder of how vital a working smoke alarm is.

Firefighters last night were yet to determine where the resident was.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop