A MELBOURNE man yesterday had charges from alleged serious assaults at Springdale Heights in January adjourned until July.
Jesse McColl Clark, 30, of Mount Waverley, appeared in Albury Local Court through a video link from the South Coast Correctional Centre at Nowra.
He has been charged with two counts of special aggravated break and enter, committing an indictable offence of wounding, reckless wounding, being armed with intent to commit an indictable offence, assault, intimidation, damaging property and theft.
Clark allegedly used a steel pole to seriously injure two people, with the reckless wounding of a third person overnight on January 25-26.
Police had earlier sought a warrant for Clark in an application to the court registrar in Albury, believing he had fled to Victoria.
It is claimed there is strong evidence identifying him, with one of the victims being his former girlfriend.
Police said Clark had no links to the Albury region, but his former partner had been in a violent domestic relationship with him and she had moved to a number of towns to avoid him.
Clark had sent threatening messages to her and members of her family.
Director of Public Prosecutions representative Andrew Hanshaw said his office had taken over the charges of aggravated break and enter.
A brief of evidence should be completed in six weeks with statements pending from police and the division of analytical laboratories in Sydney.
Magistrate Tony Murray adjourned the charges until July 7 and remanded Clark in custody, with no application made for bail.