Gas leak owner praised

FIREFIGHTERS have praised the actions of a homeowner after she identified a gas leak in her Leneva home last night.

Crews from the Wodonga and Leneva CFA brigades attended the Proctor Street home about 6.30pm and a found a strong smell of gas throughout the home.

They were able to locate a gas leak near the hot water service, which they attended to.

Station officer David Brown said the homeowner had called the CFA after turning off the gas at the meter and isolating the power, thus reducing the chance of the gas igniting.

Her quick thinking was pleasing to see, Mr Brown said.

“Like always, if the gas had found an ignition source and there had been the right fuel-air mix, it could have been quite severe,” he said.

The atmosphere in the property was cleared and the homeowner was safely able to return home.

Smartphone
Tablet - Narrow
Tablet - Wide
Desktop