WODONGA’S Healthfocus Physiotherapy has thrown down the gauntlet.
It will enter a team in the corporate event in The Border Mail Fed Hill Challenge and is encouraging other businesses to take part at Wodonga’s Willow Park on August 24.
The teams event caters for corporate, family and sporting/community groups, with entries taken before July 31 at the same cost as 2008.
Early bird entries are open at www.Fedhillchallenge.com.au.
Healthfocus Physiotherapy will be giving five tips each week in the lead-up to the race, with Michael Bowler kicking off proceedings today.
1. Recruit friends or workmates to run with you. Set up a team from work and enter the corporate challenge.
2. Train at least three times a week. Include hill running, speed running, slow distance running and cross training.
3. Train with others. Set times for sessions with other friends or workmates and commit to them.
4. Set a goal. This could be a team goal such as an aggregate time or an individual goal. Make it challenging, yet achievable.
5. Once you set a goal, set a training plan that builds towards achieving this. This may include the number of training sessions, length of sessions, distance of runs and running intensity.