Neighbours try to save a Lavington house from flames in roof fire

Flames were seen coming out of the roof of a Lavington home after an air-conditioning unit caught fire on Wednesday afternoon.

The home owner did not realise until neighbour Jim Keraghan warned him to get out. Firefighters quickly had the blaze under control.

“We had about seven people in the yard trying to put it out and he did didn’t even know what was going on,” Mr Keraghan said.

“We looked up and saw the air-conditioner on fire and we tried to put it out with a garden hose, but it was too far gone.”