The Commonwealth Games Queen's Baton Relay will travel through Wangaratta on Wednesday before reaching Wodonga on Thursday.
The last time the baton relay traveled through the region included a visit from Miss World Australia, a Jamaican festival and plenty of important citizens being recognized.
The following roads across Wodonga will be closed on Thursday, February 15, 2018 during the event.
- Church St between Elgin Boulevard and Bond St from 6am to 12.30pm.
- High St between Lawrence St and South St from 8.30am to 11am.
- Silva Drive from 9am to 10am. Melrose Drive between Felltimber Creek Road/Pearce St and Brockley St from 9am to 10.15am.
- Brockley St between Melrose Drive and Beechworth Road from 9am to 10.40am.
- Elgin Boulevard between Hovell St and Smythe St from 9am to 11am.
- Beechworth Road between Wilson St and Lawrence St 9am to 10.45am. (North bound lane only).
Public buses from 8.30am to 11am will have alternative pick up points. High St will operate from Hovell St outside the Cube Courtyard. Smythe St bus stop will operate from the opposite side of the road on Smythe St.
The High St taxi rank will be relocated to the Oak car park off Hovell St (opposite Wodonga Council).