Man’s best friend joins in break-in

Dieter Andrew Bosse arriving at the Albury Local Court court yesterday.

Dieter Andrew Bosse arriving at the Albury Local Court court yesterday.

SOMETIMES a man’s best friend can be his worst enemy.

Dieter Andrew Bosse’s pooch was an accomplice when he made his trip to rob a Lavington builder’s warehouse.

Police recognised Bosse on warehouse security footage and went to his house, but he wasn’t home.

The dog was — and police knew they were closing on their quarry.

Bosse’s first visit to Zauner Construction’s warehouse in Wagga Road was early on January 18.

Bosse was wearing a beanie over his head with eye slits cut out and had socks on his hands.

On a second trip later in the day, Bosse stole an inverter air conditioner.

A third visit early the next day with an unknown accomplice involved a two-hour stay as Bosse looked through items.

But on the final occasion, Bosse had his medium-sized dog with him.

Albury Local Court heard yesterday how six days later police obtained closed circuit footage of the premises and recognised Bosse.

Police visited Bosse’s home for a second time and found him loading the air conditioning unit into the car boot.

They asked about the break-ins at the warehouse and Bosse told them: “Yep, it was me. I’ll put my hands up for it.”

Police took a photograph of Bosse’s dog while at his home.

Later when interviewed, Bosse said he was struggling to support himself and his teenage son.

Bosse, 45, of Milton Street, Albury, has pleaded guilty to entering a building with intent to commit an indictable offence and having his face disguised with intent to commit an offence.

Magistrate Tony Murray adjourned Bosse’s sentencing until May 20.

Mr Murray was told in tendered police facts that Bosse went inside the warehouse about 5.18am on January 18 through a part of an external wall that had been bent back.

He returned at 11.23pm and stole the air conditioner.

He went back inside with a blue singlet over his head and wearing a black T-shirt marked “security”.

The final visit by Bosse was about 4.10am on January 19 and his dog with white markings on the chest and grey hair around the muzzle was clearly shown in the footage.

Police found the black T-shirt with the security sign at Bosse’s home.