1 medium brown onion
½ tbsp table salt
1 cob corn
½ bunch each of dill, mint and parsley
120g plain flour
2 eggs (beaten)
2tsp cumin seed, dry roasted and ground
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Grate the zucchini and onion into a large colander.
2. Sprinkle salt over the zucchini and onion, toss to mix.
3. Drain mixture suspended over a wide bowl for 15 minutes. Bake the corn cob for 15 minutes at 180 degrees and chop the herbs.
4. In small batches, squeeze out the excess liquid from the zucchini and onion, using a clean kitchen cloth.
5. When the corn is cooked and cooled, remove the corn kernels.
6. Sift the flour over the zucchini mixture.
7. Add chopped herbs, corn kernels, eggs, ground cumin and seasonings.
8. Shape the mixture into balls and cook in a deep fryer at 160 degrees or shallow fry them as a flat fritter.