- World Aids Day, Friday, December 8, 6pm - 9.30pm, Retro Lane Cafe, QEII Square, Albury. Hosted by Selma Fork. Welcome to Country: Nancy Rook, Speakers: Mayor Kevin Mack & Deputy Mayor Amanda Cohn, Music: Zac & Eliza, Speaker: Hon Michael Kirby AC CMG, Performance: Dragology, Speakers: ACON, VAC & Fr Peter Macleod-Miller, Music: Francis Pickles Band.
- Corowa Old Time and New Vogue Dance, Odd Fellows Hall, 231 Sanger Street, Corowa, Friday, December 8, 7.30pm - 11pm, $7 entry. Music by Jo Barry, light supper provided, all welcome. Contact Brian (02) 6033 2589.
- Wodonga Square Dancing, Friday, December 8, 7.30pm - 9.30pm, Wodonga Senior Citizens Hall, $7. Beginners welcome. First dance free. Host Jacques. Phone 0400 934 334.
- Myrtleford & District Historical Society Inc monthly fleamarket on Saturday, December 9 at ‘The Old School Museum’, 29 Elgin Street, Myrtleford from 8.30am - 12 noon. Phone (03) 5727 1417 or (03) 5752 1963.
- St Stephen's Op Shop week long half-price sale commences Saturday, December 9. Christmas stall also held December 9, 9am - 12 noon in front of the church, corner Nilmar Ave and Beechworth Rd, Wodonga.
- Yackandandah Social Christmas Dance, Yackandandah Hall, Saturday, December 9, 7.30pm - 11.30pm. Live music by BAK to BAK. An evening of great dancing and a good time. Visitors welcome. Entry $10 and a plate of supper to share. Inquiries 0419 399 285.