Over the next ten days leading up to the all-important Albury Gold Cup 2018, The Border Mail will be giving you tastes of the past with yearly flashback galleries.
Did our Border Mail photographers snap a picture of you that year? Take a look and find out!
Fashion, colour and a few famous faces stood out at the 2014 Albury Gold Cup as residents flocked to the racecourse for the city’s day-of-days.
Block colours were popular among women while many men embraced the vivid shirts and thin ties.
The day was filled strong contenders on and off the field, with many powerful fashion statements trackside and Kathy O’Hara triumphing on Canny Ballad in the all important race.
Sydney trainer Guy Walter produced a rare domination of the $170,000 Albury Gold Cup producing his first cup winner with Canny Ballad and also the third-placegetter Jacquinot Bay.
The first and third placements subdued the pain of losing one of Walter’s best stable members, multiple group 1 winner Appearance, to a career-ending injury in the week before the Gold Cup.
- FLASHBACK: Big hopes and even bigger hats at 2007’s Albury Gold Cup
- FLASHBACK: Pouts, ponies and punters at 2008’s Albury Gold Cup
- FLASHBACK: Chuck on some boardies it’s Albury Gold Cup 2009
- FLASHBACK: Colourful characters at Albury Gold Cup 2010
- FLASHBACK: Fedoras and fashion at Albury Gold Cup 2011
- FLASHBACK: Decked out and dressed up at Albury Gold Cup 2012