A NEW rule to separate people indoors has forced HotHouse Theatre to cancel its play next week after having already met other changes spurred by COVID-19.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced on Friday that only one person should be in each four square metres of an indoor public space at a non-essential gathering.
HotHouse chief executive Karla Conway declared on Friday night it had left "us no choice but to cancel our presentation of Breaking the Castle next week".
The capacity of the playhouse had already been cut from 162 to 80 seats to meet hygiene needs.
MORE CORONAVIRUS NEWS:
Meanwhile, organisers of Rutherglen's Winery Walkabout will wait until after Easter before deciding whether they cancel this year's event scheduled for June 6 and 7.
Winemakers of Rutherglen chair Chris Gillard said the board decided to use the existing four-week state of emergency to workshop plans.
"The Winemakers of Rutherglen executive management team will develop a number of support action plans for each event scenario - postponing, cancellation or proceeding," Mr Gillard said.
Elsewhere, Albury Wodonga Health's pandemic chief Sally Squire said on Friday about 200 patients had been swabbed for COVID-19 on the Border with none positive.
Issues surrounding coronavirus are continuing to be assessed by the administrators of Albury and Wodonga's hospitals.
They include redeploying 300 volunteers so they're protected and changing the hospital visitor policy.
The latter is expected to involve reducing the numbers allowed to see patients rather than reducing visiting hours.
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here