A man refused bail over a series of serious allegations including an Albury carjacking has reacted with anger and dismay over his application for release being withdrawn.
Giuseppe Gugliandolo appeared in Albury Local Court via a video link to Sydney's Long Bay jail hospital ready for the application to go ahead.
When told the application was not proceeding, yet again, he became emotional.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Gugliandolo could not understand why this was happening and demanded answers as to why he had to just sit back and not make a bid for release.
Magistrate Richard Funston said Gugliandolo, 26, had every right to feel annoyed.
"This is the third time he's turned up to court where he's expected there to be a bail application," he said.
Mr Funston told Gugliandolo it was not good enough for his defence to have notified the court in writing while keeping their client in the dark.
He briefly adjourned the mention of Gugliandolo's matter and ordered that his Sydney lawyer, Abbas Soukie, front the court.
Later, Mr Soukie appeared via a video link.
He explained the reason why Gugliandolo's bail application had yet again been abandoned.
"There's been some significant developments as late as this morning, that this may resolve."
Mr Soukie said there had been discussions "in the background about which the court is not privy to. It is well and truly under control."
Gugliandolo faces a range of charges over allegations he wielded both a tomahawk and a knife during a string of offences across Albury and Lavington, including robbery armed with offensive weapon.
He is charged also over a police pursuit.
The matters were adjourned to July 7.